BUNN HIGH SCHOOL FRESHMAN GUARD ALEXIS PERRY (CENTER)
BUNN -- Kaitlyn Adams' considerable basketball talents were discussed even before she ever set foot on the Bunn High School campus.
Adams' arrival at Bunn had been much-anticipated, and the wait proved to be worth it during Adams' exceptional freshman campaign this past season.
Adams, a forward with the ability to play both inside and outside, guided the Ladycats to a 14-11 overall mark and into the second round of the Class 2-A State Playoffs.
She averaged 15.4 points and 7.1 rebounds per outing while also contributing 2.1 assists and 2.4 steals.
Adams has capped off her outstanding season by being selected as the Northern Carolina Conference Girls Basketball Player of the Year.
Adams was joined on the All-NCC squad by teammates Bree Crudup and Alexis Perry (yet another skilled freshman in the BHS program).
Louisburg High School was represented on the prestigious list by Ja'lynn Fields.
Bunn's Mallori Darnell and Louisburg's Brooklyn Fields and Madi Leonard were selected to the All-NCC Honorable Mention Team.
Oxford Webb, the NCC's regular season champion, featured three players on the squad -- Israel Thorpe, Naiashia Latta and Ti'ada Tucker.
Webb's Paul White was also the pick as the NCC Coach of the Year.
The complete 2019-20 All-Northern Carolina Conference Girls Basketball Team is as follows:
• Israel Thorpe, Oxford Webb
• Naiashia Latta, Oxford Webb
• Ti-ada Tucker, Oxford Webb
• Kaitlyn Adams, Bunn
• Bree Crudup, Bunn
• Alexis Perry, Bunn
• Rylie Wade, Roanoke Rapids
• Logan Abram, Roanoke Rapids
• Khalia Morton, Granville Central
• Nakira Bullock, Warren County
• Ja'lynn Fields, Louisburg
• Kaylin Bryant, South Granville
• Mallori Darnell, Bunn
• Brooklyn Fields, Louisburg
• Madi Leonard, Louisburg
• NCC Girls Basketball Player of the Year -- Kaitlyn Adams, Bunn
• NCC Girls Coach of the Year -- Paul White, Oxford Webb