LOUISBURG HIGH SCHOOL'S ELIJAH JAMISON
FRANKLIN COUNTY -- It's hard to believe that Elijah Jamison has now completed three years of his high school boys basketball eligibility.
It seems like just yesterday when Jamison was leading the Terrell Lane Middle School boys hoops squad to a league championship before embarking on what would be a memorable freshman campaign and beyond at Louisburg High School.
Jamison continues to ascend area scoring charts and now has just one year of prep eligibility remaining after helping the Warriors go 16-10 while reaching the Class 1-A State Playoffs.
Jamison averaged an amazing 29.7 points per outing and added 12.3 rebounds per game for a season-average double-double. He also delivered 3.8 assists and 2.1 steals per game for Coach Michael Sheldon's crew.
Jamison went over the 30-point mark an unbelievable 14 times, with a high of 42.
For his efforts, Jamison has earned a spot on the 2019-20 All-Northern Carolina Conference Boys Basketball Team.
Joining Jamison on the prestigious squad is Bunn standout guard Quay Mosley.
South Granville, which won the NCC's regular season and tournament championships, featured four stars on the list -- Bobby Pettiford, Micah Jones, Wykise Allen and Kobe Jones.
SG eventually reached the Final Four of the Class 2-A State Playoffs before falling in overtime to defending state champ Farmville Central.
Until that point, the Vikings, under Coach Jake Wohlfeil, had been undefeated for the historic campaign.
Pettiford, a talented junior guard, was selected as the NCC Boys Basketball Player of the Year.
Coach of the Year honors went to Warren County High School's Toriano McRae, Jr. McRae led the Eagles from Warrenton to a turnaround season that featured a trip to the second round of the Class 1-A State Playoffs.
Franklin County's honorable mention selections were Xavier Jones (Bunn), Ethan Wood (Louisburg), Jordan Durham (Louisburg) and Paul Spivey (Bunn).
The complete All-Northern Carolina Conference Boys Basketball Team for the 2019-20 campaign is as follows:
• Bobby Pettiford, South Granville High School
• Micah Jones, South Granville
• Wykise Allen, South Granville
• Kobe Jones, South Granville
• Terence Harcum, Granville Central High School
• Jamari Mann, Granville Central High School
• Andrew Smith, Warren County High School
• Deaven Hawkins, Warren County High School
• Elijah Jamison, Louisburg
• Jay-Quan Pierce, Oxford Webb
• Quay Mosley, Bunn
• Isaiah Robinson, Roanoke Rapids
• Paul Spivey, Bunn High School
• Jordan Durham, Louisburg
• Ethan Wood, Louisburg
• Xavier Jones, Bunn High School
• NCC Player of the Year -- Bobby Pettiford, South Granville High School
• NCC Coach of the Year -- Toriano McRae, Jr., Warren County High School